Products of all types and categories are imported and manufactured in Dubai and they are also exported to foreign countries as well. But the product with the most demand and generates profit in Dubai is a cosmetic product. The most important factor that plays its part in the growth of cosmetic product business is its registration process. The UAE government follows international standards for cosmetic product registration.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Dubai
According to rules, cosmetic is a substance that mainly contacts with external parts of the human body (hair, nails, lips, etc.). The purpose of these substances is to clean, change appearance, protect, correct odors or perfume these body parts.
According to the above definition, below is the list of major cosmetic products that can be registered in Dubai.
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels, and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Perfumes, toilet waters, Deodorants, antiperspirants, and Cologne
- Cleansing and Conditioning products
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions)
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Sunbathing and tanning products
- Skin-whitening products
- Products for external intimate hygiene and others
Requirements for Cosmetics Registration in Dubai
You have to take several precautionary measures for cosmetic product registration. Knowing and following these requirements are mandatory for your cosmetic business in Dubai.
- It is necessary to only use safe and approved chemical and natural ingredients in cosmetics. Using any harmful or prohibited item will make the product unsuitable and it will not be registered in Dubai.
- Registration and licensing of a brand is mandatory before import, manufacture, and sale of any cosmetic product in the market. Cosmetic License is issued by DED (Department of Economic Department)
- The UAE embassy will attest all documents for the import of any cosmetic product.
- You may be required to submit documents and take approval from multiple authorities according to the type of your cosmetic product.
Steps for Cosmetics Registration
There is a comprehensive procedure for the registration of cosmetic products in Dubai. This procedure ensures the quality and safety of every single product in Dubai. Following are the main steps of this procedure.
- The first step is to obtain a valid license according to the type of product you want to register. You can complete this step through the Dubai Municipality portal.
- In the next step, you will submit a CPRE (Cosmetic Products Service Application) and pay the necessary fee.
- Now the representative of the company will fill the forms of each product. There are separate forms for every product.
- The representative will now submit all the required documentation to DM.
- If the product is valid according to DM regulation and documents are complete, then it will be registered and the system will automatically generate an electronic registration certificate.
Required Documents for Cosmetic Registration
Following are important documents that are necessary for product registration in Dubai.
- Company registration certificate
- Laboratory test report (stamped by manufacturer or brand owner)
- The analysis report of the product
- Certificate of free sales (CFS)
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Certificate
Benefits of Cosmetic Product Registration
- You get import and re-export rights for your registered product
- Cosmetic product registration also provides label protection
- It provides brand protection
Validity of Cosmetic Product Registration in Dubai
After its registration, a cosmetic product remains valid for 5 years. After this period, the renewal of registration is required for every product.
Why ProductRegistrationDubai (PRD)?
We at ProductRegistrationDubai can assist you in completing the entire process from its beginning till the end.
You can Contact Us via our WhatsApp # 971 54 582 1012 or send email at firstname.lastname@example.org.